"The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water." - Sigmund Freud

Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Power of Words

"I once read that a word is like a living organism, capable of growing, changing, spreading, and influencing the world in many ways, directly and indirectly through others. I never thought about a word being 'alive' but then I thought of words spoken 3,000 years ago, written down and passed through many generations, and they seem quite alive when read or spoken today, having lived 3,000 years. As I ponder the power of the word to incite and divide, to calm and connect, or to create and effect change, I am ever more cautious in what I say and how I listen to the words around me." 
Susan Smalley, Ph.D.


Powerful and touching video



1 comment:

  1. That was incredible! Now I want to be more careful with what I say. The video brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete